» Candy explains March Madness brackets … badly
I hope your day is a great one. You look nice today. I like your cool hair.
March Madness is coming around. 90 percent of you know what that is. The other 10 percent – like my husband Ray – it is basketball. College teams. Lots of people bet on these games. Teams are seeded to make it easier for you.
Actually that’s not why teams are seeded – but it does make it easier to choose a winner. We used to have a pool at my work and I had to explain seeds and brackets to a co worker once and I did it w this flow chart:
If you had Rocky Balboa and Rocky Dennis from Mask in the ring together …. obviously the Italian Stallion would come out on top:
That said – I am not being mean. No one loves the film Mask more than myself and Cher’s previous body parts. I am illustrating a point.
Balboa would have been a top seed.
Most teams are not that far apart though in … say … um … ability.
It’s more like this:
Less like this:
These are also the brackets you hear about try to predict the outcome of these games. It’s fun to do these – and it’s comical that you can do so badly so quickly if one of your top seeds falls early. It happens every time.
This is what happens with a bracket. Kind of.
I have Lee Brice winning the whole thing in a real Cinderella story.
I love you. Thanks for reading .