» Pensacola Beach Air Show July 12th
The Pensacola Beach Air Show happens on Saturday July 12th! The dress rehearsel is Friday July 11th.
(This is Candy and I found this cool piece on VisitPensacola.com – its was written by Laura Lee)
It’s like Christmas in July when Pensacola’s very own Blue Angels perform their air show on Pensacola Beach. The event combines the very best the area has to offer: the amazing Blue Angels flying across a gorgeous backdrop of sugar-white beaches and emerald waters. It’s enough to send chills down your spine and spread a wide-mouthed smile across your face. This weekend, tens of thousands of locals and visitors will flock to Casino Beach, Quietwater Beach and Little Sabine to catch a glimpse of the thrilling aerobatic maneuvers of the US Navy’s precision flight team. The air show is sure to leave a lasting impression and keep you coming back year after year. Here are some tips for making the most out of your Blue Angels experience:
- Attend the dress rehearsal on Friday. Friday’s show is like the real thing but with fewer crowds.
- Get there early. The first plane flies at noon but roads are busy by 9 a.m.
- Take the trolley. There is plenty of parking on Pensacola Beach, but you may have to drive east or west of the Casino Beach parking lot to find a spot. Hop aboard the free trolley to get from your car to the heart of the show. And don’t park in the road or you’ll receive a ticket.
- Bring plenty of water. With temperatures in the mid-90s, it’s imperative you stay hydrated. Drink alcohol in moderation as it has a more powerful effect in the heat and can lead to dehydration.
- Stay cool. Bring a tent for shade to avoid direct contact with the sun. Nobody is allowed in the Gulf of Mexico during the air show, but you splash around before and after the show.
- Pack a picnic. Restaurants and bars will be packed. Avoid long lines by bringing your own lunch and snacks.
- Bring sunscreen. For a long day at the beach, a good waterproof sunscreen is a must. Wearing a hat and sunglasses will also protect you from the sun.
- Be prepared for afternoon thunderstorms. Hot summer mornings typically lead to afternoon showers. At the first sign of lightning, head immediately for shelter. Avoid the water, open areas like the beach and metal objects. If you’re on Casino Beach, pay attention to the lifeguards who will help warn you of a thunderstorm.
- Enjoy the beach after the show. No need to join in the traffic jam following the show. Extend your day at the beach by swimming, shopping at Portofino Boardwalk or catching an early dinner at one of the great seafood restaurants.
- Watch more Blue Angels. Can’t get enough of the Blues? Not to worry, since the Blue Angels are from Pensacola, they practice their air shows at NAS Pensacola twice weekly from March through November. You can even get a pilot’s autograph following Wednesday practices at the National Naval Aviation Museum.
Other questions? Give us a call at (850) 434-1234 or stop by the Visitor Information Center on your way to the show.
Back to www.VisitPensacola.com