Married/Single: Married, 17 years
Kids/Pets: Yes! Lots! Somehow I just keep collecting them both!!
Because of radio I got to do? Learn that nothing you want to do is out of reach – you just have to GO FOR IT!! I first got into radio by entering a contest – kinda like an American Idol thing. In 2005 another local radio station was looking for a morning show co-host and asked listeners to write a short essay stating why they thought they might be good at the job. Like 200 other people, I sent in my response and somehow got picked as a top 10 finalist. The top 10 was asked do a LIVE, 4 hour, ON AIR audition and after that, it was all up to fate. Listeners were asked to vote for their favorite contestant. Somehow – miraculously – I was chosen. All in all, it was a 5 week process that tested my emotions, strength, determination and willingness to step out of my comfort zone, roll the dice and take a chance in life. In those 5 weeks I truly believe I learned more about what I wanted in life, what I could accomplish and how much ambition I really had. For me, rising to the challenge was one of the best gifts that I could have ever given to myself.
What would you do if you couldn’t be on the air? I would probably be cooking my life away at my BBQ Restaurant! Really, besides and eating and talking……what else is there?
10 Things about me you didn’t know?:
1. I am SSSOOOO addicted to scrapbooking – I have a WHOLE room in my house dedicated to it – it’s a sickness!
2. I secretly wish I was 8 inches taller.
3. I like it when people call me crazy!! Because I am!
4. I laugh ALL the time – seriously – ALL the time! When I’m scared, when I’m mad, when I’m tired, when I’m nervous – ALL the time – drives my family crazy!!!
5. I regret never going to college.
6. I want to travel around the world. I especially want to see New York, the Grand Canyon, Italy and Ireland.
7. I used to weigh 240 pounds.
8. I’m in love with Toby Keith. My husband knows.
9. I’m addicted to chocolate!
10. I love to meet new people because I truly believe you can learn something from everyone you meet……even the weird ones! Ha!