» Loretta Lynn Okay After Fire

Loretta Lynn is nursing some minor burns after a fire at her home yesterday morning.

Hurricane Mills ranch manager, Will Rourke told Nashville’s News 2 Loretta was at home watching TV when a candle burning in the sunroom fell over, setting a chair on fire. He says Loretta discovered the fire when she went to explore a crackling sound she heard.

He says Loretta hurt herself using a pillow to beat down the flames, suffering minor burns on her fingertips. The fire was not in the antebellum mansion she used to call home, which is now open to tourists, it was in another home on the property where she’s living now.

The last 14 months have been rough on Hurricane Mills. It was damaged in a severe storm last January. Last February a fire destroyed the concession stand at the Ranch’s motocross track.  Then, in September Loretta cracked two ribs when she fell into a dresser at the house.

Source: AP

Search

Sign up for the Paw Print

Join our Mailing List!
Please read our privacy policy